Beautiful Brains is on a mission to improve and protect your systems and staff. We provide innovative and forward-thinking solutions designed to help augment your workforce, increase profitability and safeguard your organization.
We maintain a culture of exceptional service delivery, diversity, and support. We make growth investments into our team members to give them the best chance for success.
Beautiful Brains is seeking an established Business Development Manager to grow our IT product and Service Advisory engagement with the potential federal government and commercial customers.
The right teammate will identify new opportunities, manage proposals, build industry partnerships, and cultivate relationships with current and prospective customers.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for our business sales portfolio and is expected to be a self-starter needing little direction. The position will focus on full range of business development activities from relationship building/maturation through initial capture management strategies and will lead the development and execution of account growth strategy, including winning new work, building relationships, and participating in industry events.
Success will be measured by annual revenue goals, pipeline development goals, and account progress goals.
- Develop and execute an overall client business plan to achieve Public Sector’s client objectives, and nurturing senior executive and board level relationships as required for plan delivery
- Build credible relationships at all levels within the client organization
- Responsible for shaping and driving all opportunities to a successful conclusion – Opportunity Identification and Qualification
- Develop strategies to identify, qualify, and manage execution of new growth opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of existing technology infrastructure and customer needs, as well as challenges
- Participate in cross-functional review sessions of proposal (e.g., technical fit, compliance, and value proposition) to ensure competitiveness of bid
- Development of relevant market research, customer segmentation, and competitive analysis to inform sales strategies
- Develop 1-year, 3-year, and 5-year account plans
- Contract & Bid Management Support
- Participate in achieving aggressive yearly sales targets and build opportunity pipelines for out years
- Responsible for identifying potential opportunities, arranging meetings, initiating marketing strategies, building and strengthening relationships
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Develop and execute effective business development/sales strategies for meetings with target clients, program managers, and industry partners
- Prepare, present, and mature opportunities using Internal Business Development and Capture Management Processes
- Identify, develop and implement long-term strategic, as well as tactical business development plans that support the federal team’s growth plan
- Create, develop and grow executive relationships, as well as strengthen existing relationships at all agency levels and in all Departments of the customer base
- Broad strategic knowledge of trends in the Federal and Information technology arenas
- Develop industry relationships and represent our company at industry events
- Assist in the development of successful pricing strategies, identifying risks, and interpreting solicitation requirements and developing win themes
- Interface and manage teaming partners for existing relationship, as well as developing potential future partners for upcoming opportunities
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience working with Military Officers and Government Officials
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience in Federal Contracting/Business Development/Capture Management with a proven track record of successful Data Analytics, IT, Program and Process Management
- Five (5) plus years of successful Business Development experience; demonstrated track record selling to government agencies, including DoD and/or the Intelligence Community
- Experience working with or in small Federal contracting, and Consulting business organizations is key
- Experience capturing Full and Open, ID/IQ, Multiple Award, and BPA contracts and task orders
- Must have a mature and active network of contacts relevant to the market and the Contractor industry that supports and operates within those markets
- Experience building and maintaining high-level relationships and demonstrated ability to prospect and close new customers
- Experience prospecting to the C-Suite and Senior-level leadership of enterprise businesses
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales process and strategies
- Track record of overachievement on goals or quotas
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s or advanced degree is a plus
- Significant experience and expertise pitching to new and existing clients and track record of creating winning proposals
- Ability to understand complex data and technology systems and translate into clear and concise messaging for target audience/s
- U.S. Citizen, active security clearance and/or military experience required